March 26, 2020
As per the directives by the Government of Ontario, and our regulatory bodies, Chiropractors are part of the list of regulated health care professionals able to provide emergency care to our patients.
We remain open with limited office hours - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
Tuesday 3-7, and
The goal of providing emergent care for musculoskeletal issues is to help ease the burden on our medical system during this critical time. Our medical professionals are preparing to serve and care for infectious cases which is where their resources and focus should be. We are here to treat emergent musculoskeletal issues that otherwise would put more pressure on urgent care, primary care centres and emergency rooms.
What qualifies as an emergency?
- If your pain is severe and/or constant and is disruptive to your every day life (stops you from doing things you can normally do), or causes significant restrictions - that is considered an emergent case and we may see you.
- If you are an emergent case and need to be seen, please call us at 905–852-9700. Not sure? Call us and we’ll discuss.
As always, we are here for you. If you have any questions for us, we are just a phone call, email or DM away. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time. We hope to be back in the office on a regular schedule as soon as it is safe to do so. Until then, be well, stay safe and wash your hands.
Dr. Dennis Milenov & staff
March 22, 2020
Dear Axis Chiropractic Community,
What a tumultuous week we’ve all experienced. In these unprecedented times, we sincerely hope you are all doing well, remaining calm, strong, healthy, and enjoying this time with your family.
During this crisis, we are OPEN for acute/emergency care ONLY (acute pain, significant discomfort impacting ability to function, or someone who has a chronic condition that would deteriorate without care). We will continue to help support those patients with their healthcare needs through this difficult time.
Until further notice, our clinic hours will be limited to the following:
If you are not sure if yours is an acute case, please call our office at 905-852-9700 or send us an email or DM and one of the doctors will get back to you to discuss over the phone first before coming in.
Please note that Vanessa Beach, RMT will not be seeing clients at this time.
Part of our goal in offering treatments at this time is to decrease emergency room, urgent care and MD visits for musculoskeletal issues. It is imperative that as a community we leave those critical resources available for those who need it most.
Please note that all visits are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We are not accepting walk-in patients at this time. Also, all maintenance/wellness visits will be rescheduled to a later date. We will resume a regular schedule only when it is safe to do so.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority, and with this in mind, we would like to advise you of some of the risk mitigation measures we are taking to help protect you and the community during this time.
- Please do NOT schedule an appointment if you are on self-quarantine due to travel. If it is an emergency, please contact us via phone or email and we will do our best to assist.
- The clinic is following screening protocols as directed by Public Health. If you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or you are experiencing any symptoms of the virus (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing) PLEASE STAY HOME. If you feel unwell at all, for your safety and ours, PLEASE STAY HOME. We will cancel and/or reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- To aid in social distancing we have significantly modified our appointment schedule to allow for adequate spacing of patient visits. Wherever possible, we will implement a “one in, one out” policy to restrict the number of people in the office at one time.
- If you are being driven to your appointment or if someone is accompanying you, please have that person wait in your vehicle. Patients only in the office please.
- Treatment areas and reception will continue to be sanitized between each patient and we ask that patients follow hand hygiene protocols when entering and exiting the clinic.
Your understanding during this challenging time is very much appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation very closely and are following the directives of our governing body, the College of Chiropractors of Ontario, and Public Health. We will update you with any changes here as they become available.
Now go wash your hands. 🖐
Dr. Dennis Milenov & staff
Welcome to Axis Chiropractic
Located in the heart of Uxbridge, the leading health professionals at Axis Chiropractic are dedicated to helping you achieve your health goals. We treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions using an effective, natural approach that helps patients live healthier, pain-free lives.
Dr. Dennis Milenov, Dr. Clark, Dr. Chin and the healthcare team at Axis Chiropractic have a genuine concern for your wellbeing.
If you are new to our website, please feel free to discover and learn about chiropractic. If you are interested in starting your journey towards health and wellness, please subscribe to our award-winning newsletter by clicking on the Our Newsletter tab at the bottom of this page. If you are already a newsletter subscriber, please explore the other sections of our website for wellness articles, resources and health facts---specifically targeted to your wellness needs and interests.
We care about you and your health!